We are inviting event proposals for the National Poetry Library's Special Edition series for 2020.
Special Edition is a series of poetry events that take place at the NPL on the first Wednesday of every month. The series showcases different facets of the poetry scene and highlights the treasures of the library's collection. We are seeking proposals from a broad range of poets and people in poetry.
Special Edition transforms the library into the backdrop for all sorts of poetry-related events, whether debates, Q&As, collaborative performances, or readings of live poetry. We particularly welcome proposals which draw on overlooked and unusual strands in the NPL collection.
Please note the following before applying for a place in the series:
- The events take place between 8pm and 9.15pm on the first Wednesday of the month
- There is an audience capacity of 52 seats
- Our events run for a maximum of 75 minutes with no interval
- Tickets are booked via Southbank Centre's website
- We will provide the main event organiser with expenses of £200 to be distributed among the performers
- We will record the event and make it available to library users with the permission of performers
If you would like to apply to organise an event in the series, please send us a proposal which answers all of the following points:
- Organiser name and email address
- Title of event
- What type of event would it be? (lecture, poetry reading, conversation, film etc...)
- Names of all proposed performers
- A description of the event (max. 300 words)
- Will your event have a Q&A or a multimedia element?
- What is your event's particular connection to the National Poetry Library's collection?
- Any months that would be unsuitable for your event
- Please provide a reference from a previous performance venue
To apply for an event in next year's season (from January 2020 onwards), please email your event proposal to email@example.com by Friday 30 August 2019.